Slideshow Widget

  • Slideshow-Template-1_seniorsYOUR-PHOTOBUCKET-IMAGE-LINK-HERE" />
  • Slideshow-Template-3_weddingYOUR-PHOTOBUCKET-IMAGE-LINK-HERE" />
  • Slideshow-Template-4_weddingYOUR-PHOTOBUCKET-IMAGE-LINK-HERE" />

STEVE + MARILYN | ALICIA CROSSON PHOTOGRAPHY | SACRAMENTO, CALIFORNIA ANNIVERSARY

17 July 2014

I am writing this post with a full and grateful heart because I have the special privilege of sharing my parent's fiftieth anniversary celebration with you!  This past year I began inquiring and interviewing my parents for some thoughts and ideas of how to celebrate their fifty years together as husband and wife.  After many inquiries, a lot of time, phone calls, venue visits, and some traveling from Monterey to Carmel to Lodi to Sacramento, and to Rocklin and Granite Bay, a decision was finally made to celebrate this wonderful occasion in Sacramento at Lakeside at Bartley Cavanaugh Golf Course.  Nestled against the banks of the Sacramento River in the small vintage town of Freeport, Lakeside at Bartley Cavanaugh became the perfect fit for my parents party.  Our first idea of having a beach celebration in the Monterey area soon evolved into a 50's/60's vintage style anniversary party, to best accommodate our guests as well as the early summer weather forecast for these areas.  Bartley Cavanaugh Golf Course provided the perfect outdoor setting that would welcome my dad's 1956 Ford pickup to use as a centerpiece, as well as a shaded area (gazebo) for the vow renewal, and a pleasant outdoor lakeside setting to share dinner and dessert with family and friends.  After the decision was made to celebrate at this venue, well, everything else just fell right into place! 

It truly was a privilege and a pleasure to plan and coordinate this celebration for my wonderful parents.  And I'm not just saying that they are wonderful parents because I'm sharing this, but to it's truest meaning, my parents really are wonderful!  Even in the midst and chaos of everything else I had to attend to, I really did enjoy planning this special celebration for them... And my deepest desire was to bless and honor them, and to thank them for who they are, for staying committed to each other through the good times and the hard times, and for the legacy of love they have left for all of us, and the generations to follow.  I truly wish to also thank each of you for taking the time to read this and allow me to share these wonderful moments and memories with you... And I thank each of you for playing such a special role in my parent's journey.  You truly mean so much to our family!  I hope you enjoy these moments I've captured as much as I enjoyed capturing them for my parents.  

Special little note:  I gave my parents a heads up that being their party planner/coordinator, I wouldn't be able to also fully be a "wedding photographer."  ;)  So I am just their daughter with a really nice camera!  ;)

Hope you enjoy!!  :)


Oldest grandchild, Kailee (15), starting the flower processional


Youngest grandchild, Blake (7), carries a special sign leading to the vow renewal


Oldest grandson, Braden (almost 12), has the special honor of driving Grandma in a golf cart and then walking her down the aisle to Papa














During the vow renewal, my mom's original attending bridesmaids were recognized!





All of the kids really enjoyed the golf cart rides!









Beautiful flower bouquet created by Bill & Mary Kuyper of Garden Wishes in Sacramento






My mom's older sister, and original Maid of Honor



My mom with her attending bridesmaids!















Super yummy cupcakes, pretzel rods, lemon meringue cookies, and chocolate covered oreos created by Chrystal's Cake Pop Shop in Lodi



Beautiful cake created by Frosted Flour in Lodi




We used my grandmother's (mom's side) beautiful 1940's buffet as our dessert table, 
and displayed our yummy treats on her lovely hand-crocheted table runner





Thank you so much for taking a few minutes to look at my blog today, and for allowing me to share this wonderful celebration with all of you!
We would love to hear from you if you would like to leave a comment below!
Blessings to you!

Vendors
Venue: Lakeside at Bartley Cavanaugh Golf Course
Sacramento, California
Venue Coordinator: Rebecca Kirtlan
Catering provided by venue
Desserts: Chrystal's Cake Pop Shop
Lodi, California
6" Cake: Frosted Flour
Lodi, California
Florist: Bill & Mary Kuyper, Garden Wishes
Sacramento, California
Event Rentals: (shutters) West 12 Ranch Hoopla
Lodi, California
Hair Styling & Makeup: (Marilyn, Alicia & Kailee) Kristen Patterson
Renaissance Salon, Lodi, California
Officiant: Brian Crosson (son-in-law) 
Horizon Community Church, Galt, California
Party Planner/Coordinator & Photographer: Alicia Crosson
Alicia Crosson Photography, Galt, California




Post a Comment